Friday, April 17, 2009

New new york

Yesterday I went on a short-ish bike ride around NYC. Specifically I rode from Dalia's, up 1st Ave, past the UN and East River overlooks, to Central Park, around the park bike path and then down Broadway and back to Dalia's on E. 24th street. Here's a sketch of the route:


View Larger Map

I was a bit apprehensive for this ride as it's the first I've done in a couple weeks, since going to Julien's. Overall, my achilles felt fine (I did a similar ride this morning and hardly felt any pain!); just a few bouts of pain when I'd stand to pedal.

It was an absolutely blissful experience to be back on the bike, especially in NYC. The weather was perfect for biking, mid 50s, and this was my first time since coming back to NY that I've got to really hang out in the city. The ride yesterday solidified my decision to attend Fordham Law School this fall.

There were some problems with my rear break, which I promptly fixed when I got home. My New York bike (a lower-level Fuji I bought new about a year ago) is much different from my Cannondale in CA. It's a bit bigger and feels sturdier, which is useful for plowing through traffic and gigantic rampant potholes throughout the streets.

Also, in ibex-news: today and yesterday I automatically kept looking behind to check on the ibex that wasn't there.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how things were going with the achilles and pleased to read it is improving.....your bike trip in NYC sounded like fun....

    keep peddling,
    Sharon and Douglas

    ReplyDelete